It’s Summer Solstice week and our thoughts are turning to making the most of these beautiful long days, especially since they seem to be interspersed with a lot of rain here in Wales! We are really making the most of the sunny ones!
So, we’ve got tips of books to read, a guide to having some festival fun during your moon time and details of workshops coming up this summer!
In The Shop
Our last newsletter was all about the books available at Moon Times – we pride ourselves on bringing you beautiful, independently published books by women for women to help you navigate your cycle and those all-important rites of passage – menarche, motherhood and menopause.
To celebrate the upcoming Journey into Womanhood- Mother and Daughter Camp we’re focusing this week on two books available in the shop to help daughters (and their parents!) approach menarche and adulthood with wonder, excitement and connection.
Reaching for the Moon: A Girl’s Guide to her Cycles by the wonderful Lucy H Pearce is a thorough and sensitive introduction to living life with cycles – encouraging body positivity, self-care and passing down women’s wisdom and practical advice. A must-read for girls aged 9-14 and those who love them.
Menarche: A Journey into Womanhood is a book of stories, ideas and explorations that asks – “how different would we feel about our bodies and our bleeding if we had been given positive messages of love, beauty, and acceptance?”. With suggestions of mum and daughter bonding activities and plenty of space to add your own thoughts and feelings, this book is the first step to answering the question for the next generation.
EXCITING NEWS! It’s here, it’s here! The amazing Earth Pathways Diary for 2017 is over in the shop. As always it is chock full of beautiful, inspiring words and artwork to keep you connected to the land, the moon’s cycles and yourself all year long. Copies always sell out pretty quick so grab yours today!
On The Blog
With Summer Solstice just around the corner, your thoughts might be turning to getting away from it all at that oh so British thing, the summer festival. I’m revisiting a post from last year on the blog all about how to survive a festival during your bleeding time – and do it using reusables.
Whether you’re planning an all night party or just camping with the kids, with a bit of planning and the right supplies you might just find reusables are less hassle, less waste and less mess.
Events and Workshops
- Children’s Drum Making workshop coming up… Kids and their grown ups can come along and make their very own shamanic drum on Sunday 16th July
- Bookings close at the end of June Journey into Womanhood- Mother and Daughter Camp coming up on 26th – 29th August, grab your spot now.
- Our next shamanic drum making workshop for adults on Saturday 17th September. Book by 1st August to give me plenty of time to gather the magical materials we will need!
- Women in Ireland….Rachael will be over in November running some Drum Making Workshops….drop her a line if you want to find out more!
- Saturday 26th November is Scar Sister day – drumming, ritual and sacred tattooing by Suzi Edwards.
Blessings for the week ahead!